Other Article: My marriage has hit the rocks: we have been arguing for money and asking for help!
Under the sponsorship of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the professors of Georgetown University conducted a new study based on the unemployment rate and salary of various majors. Some of the data are amazing.
Other Article: Your money-saving thinking is destroying you
According to the research data, I rank the majors according to the average salary of college undergraduates with work experience.
Other Article: Wealth Thinking Series: Remove the stumbling block on the road to wealth
1. Engineering majors: Engineering undergraduates with work experience earn an average of 81000 US dollars per year, and the unemployment rate is only 4.9%. Postgraduates majoring in machinery earn an average of 100000 dollars a year, and the unemployment rate is only 3.4%.
Other Article: I just bought a new house. It’s killing me to pay the mortgage. help!
2. Computer and Mathematics Major: Undergraduate students with work experience earn 76000 dollars a year, and the unemployment rate is 5.6%.
Other Article: How to ask the boss for a raise?
3. Architecture: Undergraduates with work experience earn an average of 64000 dollars a year, with an unemployment rate of 9.2%. Graduate students are not much better. They earn an average of $71000 a year, and the unemployment rate is 7.7%.
Other Article: Five Ways to Realize Home Work
4. Health specialty. Undergraduate students in the health field with work experience earn an average of 63000 dollars per year, and the unemployment rate is only 2.2%, which is the lowest in the study.
Other Article: I don’t like this job which has been done for six months. Should I resign?
5. Business. Business school undergraduates with work experience earn an average of $63000 a year (as much as health undergraduates), but the unemployment rate is more than twice as high as 5.3%.
Other Article: How to spend less when eating out
6. Life science/physics majors: Undergraduate students with work experience earn 60000 US dollars annually on average, and the unemployment rate is 4.7%.
Other Article: Save Money: Take a volunteer trip with your family
7. Social science majors. The richer the work experience of social science professionals is, the higher their earning capacity is. They can earn 60000 dollars a year, and the unemployment rate is 5.7%.
Other Article: Risk prevention before investment and risk control after investment
8. Major in law and public policy. Undergraduates with work experience in law and public policy earn an average of $55000 a year, and the unemployment rate is only 4.5%.
Other Article: I want to get rich. What should I do?
9. Major in journalism and communication. Undergraduates majoring in journalism and communication with work experience earn an average of 54000 dollars a year, with an unemployment rate of 6.0%.
Other Article: A golden idea for people who are nervous when investing
10. Major in agriculture and natural resources. The average annual income is 50000 US dollars, the unemployment rate is 3.5%, and the income of agricultural workers with work experience ranks tenth.
Other Article: Find hobbies with less money, or do things with less money
The major at the bottom of the list is education. The average income of undergraduates with work experience is at the bottom of the list, with an annual income of 43000 US dollars and an unemployment rate of 3.9%.
Other Article: In 2042, what can one million dollars buy?
The income of newly graduated undergraduates is low and the unemployment rate is high. The highest unemployment rate is 10% for undergraduates majoring in architecture and classical art. The unemployment rate of current undergraduates majoring in education and health is the lowest. The average income of undergraduates majoring in psychology, social work, entertainment and art is the lowest.
Other Article: Making money through investment and working together
People with work experience refer to those aged between 30 and 54; Graduated undergraduates refer to those aged between 22 and 26. Postgraduate students are limited to those between the ages of 30 and 54.
Other Article: Seven o’clock suggestion to help you buy a car and drive it
According to the study, no major can match the income of engineering graduates. Computer and mathematics majors follow closely, but the income of engineering graduates is 10% higher than that of computer and mathematics graduates.
Other Article: When should I seriously save money for retirement?
The data shows that the economic development gap in various fields is not significant. You, and your children, should make wise choices.
Pingback: Doing nothing can kick start your savings plan! - Zhi Finance