Other Article: Wealth Thinking Series: What is passive income
It is difficult to find a trustworthy person in any field. Think of the hairdresser who helps you with your hair. How long have you been in her business? What if she suddenly left? Financial advisers must be people you trust more and have more confidence in.
Other Article: Save Money: Take a volunteer trip with your family
Here are some golden ideas to help you find someone you can trust.
- 1. There are many types of financial advisers, so you need more than one financial adviser. Perhaps you have your own property and accident insurance agent; An agent is responsible for life insurance, an accountant prepares your tax returns, and a stockbroker helps you invest.
- 2. See how they answer your questions when it comes to personal interests. Ask all your financial advisers a basic question: If I want to retire, how much should I save each month? If someone doesn’t ask how much you have invested in the 401 (k) retirement benefit plan, or whether you can invest more money in it, let you pay her. Don’t trust him. A trusted consultant will first ask you how much you invest in the 401 (k) retirement benefit plan each month. If you invest more money, the employer is willing to bear more of the enterprise. Never give money to someone who doesn’t encourage you to invest in 401 (k) retirement benefit plans first.
- 3. Compare the answers of financial advisers. You can ask all investment advisers for various financial advice. Ask your accountant how much life insurance you should take. Her experience and training are sufficient to answer your questions. Then compare her answers with those of life insurance agents. If the answers are similar, you will have more confidence. If the opinion is completely opposite, continue to ask questions until you are sure that an answer is right, and the pros and cons of the consultant’s opinion are also known.
- 4. Ask friends to recommend candidates. Ask your friends, especially those who are similar to you, to introduce their trusted advisors. Ask them why they trust these consultants. Ask them what is the difference between these consultants and the unreliable people they have contacted.
- 5. Be wary of high fees. Most of the time, you can get a lot of advice you really need as long as you pay very little, or even almost nothing. If you open an account in a large discount brokerage company like Jiaxin Financial Group 2, Fidelity Investment Group 3 or TD Ameritrade 4, you can visit the consultants there for free. They won’t make a complete financial plan for you, but they can help you allocate your investment strategically according to the risks and goals you can take. After completing the tax declaration, the tax accountant is willing to give you a lot of financial advice, sometimes for free, sometimes for cheap and reasonable fees.
- 6. Ask the employer for help. Suppose your employer, like most employers, also provides 401 (k) retirement benefit plan. You can apply for an appointment with a financial advisor, talk to him, and ask him to help you calculate how much you need to save and how much you should invest in the 401 (k) retirement benefit plan if you want to retire smoothly; These should be free. If the other party says that you need to charge for managing other funds, you should be careful. It is enough for him to complete the unpaid work related to the 401 (k) retirement benefit plan.
Other Article: Seven suggestions to help you buy your first suite!
As you can see, help is available everywhere. Getting unselfish help is a big help to yourself. Many financial advisers make profits by persuading you to invest more money in their management. Generally speaking, if you really want to get help from large discount brokerage companies, you don’t need to spend a lot of money. If you do not fully understand the proposal, your CPA can help you make excellent judgments. First try not to spend any commission or fees, and find financial experts to talk more; Don’t invest a lot of money before this. By following the basic steps above, we can obtain independent and reliable financial advice within our financial resources.